Date: August 31, 2016 | 01:00 PM – 2:00PM ET
A new patient-centered, nurse driven model that resulted in a significant reduction in 30-day readmission rates and healthcare readmission costs.
Improving Clinical Outcomes through Advanced Practice Nurses
August 31, 2016
Judith Kutzleb, RN, DNP, CCRN, CCA, APN-C
Vice President of Advanced Practice Professionals
Holy Name Medical Center
The goal of improving patient-centered care, collaborative care, and patient outcomes, while also decreasing readmissions and cost of care is the top objective within many organizations. With these explicit outcomes in mind, the Advanced Practice Registered Nurses at Holy Name Medical Center, in Teaneck, NJ, worked together to create the organization’s NP Care Model.
This new patient-centered model resulted in significant success over a 12-month period – showing an 18% reduction in 30-day readmission rates and a total saving of over $700K in healthcare readmission costs. One of the main focuses of this model is identifying chronic disease individuals with a high risk for readmission and determining cost savings opportunities while providing high-quality care.
With CMS’ act of tying reimbursement to readmission rates and the ACA’s emphasis on care quality and decreasing cost of care, this new model could dramatically aid numerous organizations.
Join Judith Kutzleb, Vice President of Advanced Practice Professionals, as she shares insights on how she created the NP Care Model – from implementation and onboarding, all the way through measuring results and determining valuable outcomes.
Register for this exclusive, 60-minute webinar and you’ll discover how to:
- Identify the impact of NPs in a healthcare organization
- Determine service lines that would benefit having NP integration
- Understand the concept of clinical concierge in the role of the NP
- Identify cost-saving opportunities for your organization when utilizing NPs
- Goals for integrating APRN’s
- Establishing a framework for managing and optimizing outcomes
- Roles and responsibilities of NPs
- Cost savings opportunities through the utilization of NPs
- Enhancing patient satisfaction through value based care